Breakfast. The Breakfast Club
Address: 2-4 Rufus St, London N1 6PE
Tel: 020 7729 5252
* The Full English is the only answer to a hangover. Their orange juice is my first thing to order and lots of it.
Tea. Franco’s Cafe
Address: 67 Rivington Street, London EC2A 3AY
Tel: 020 7739 0231
* I don't drink coffee, I drink tea. Earl Grey or English breakfast. Franco's also do a cracking bacon sandwich!
Books. Daunt Books
Address: 83 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 4QW
Tel: 020 7224 2295
* I’ve just read "Setting The Table" by Danny Mayers for probably the 10th time.
Lunch. Keu Banh Mi Deli
Address: 332 Old St, London EC1V 9DR
Tel: 020 7739 1164
* Kêu does a life changing roast duck baguette, with pickled vegetables and coriander. I eat there about 5 times a week, it's that good!
Address: 300-302 St Paul's Rd, London N1 2LH
Tel: 020 7226 2733
* Try the pappardelle with beef shin ragu It's truly delicious. Also - the house red is beautiful.
Meeting. Shoreditch House
Address: Ebor Street, London E1 6AW
Tel: 020 7739 5040
* I spend more time designing menus than I do cooking them, so I hang out here a lot during the days. I’m generally up the back where it's nice and chill.
Bar. The Dolls House
Address: 35 Hoxton Square, N1 6NN
It’s the latest place to put up with my antics. Fortunately Adam and Kate (who run the place) are great!
Burger. Burger Bear
Address: 1-3 Rivington Street London EC2A 3DT
Tel: 07805 903779
* Burger Bear does the best burger I've ever had. Ever!!
Address: 66-70 Brewer St, London W1F 9UP
Tel: 0207 292 3518
* Always the negroni, they do the best in London .
Late Supper. My place. Cheese on toast!
Beer. Myddleton Arms
Address: 52 Canonbury Rd, London N1 2HS
Tel: 020 7226 4595
* I love this place. it's a cracking old school pub.
Address: 157A Commercial St London
Tel: 020 7426 4850
* Sunday Bloody Mary.
Hotel. The London Edition
Address: 10 Berners St, London W1T 3LF
Tel: 020 7781 0000
Address: 1 Redchurch St, London E1 6JL
Tel: 020 7920 6499
* It’s the the sister restaurant to Ceviche (Soho). I’ve already been and it’s fantastic. I see myself spending lots of time there!
Start up. On The Bab
Address: 305 Old Street, London, EC1V 9LA
* It’s a Korean street food place that just opened and is on my mind a lot.
Relax. Cooking a Sunday lunch with red wine and a classic movie on the box - Preferably Cool Hand Luke.
My Golden Beetroot Soup always goes down well with everyone.
Click Here for Terry's interview: http://bit.ly/1909yD2
Golden Beetroot Soup With Hazelnut And Mint
For The Soup
2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
6 medium golden beetroots, peeled and roughly diced
1 small onion finely chopped
2 sticks of celery finely chopped
1 tbls of finely chopped ginger
1 ltr of light chicken stock
salt and white pepper to taste
For The Pesto
100g hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
30g of grated parmesan cheese
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan - gently soften onions, celery, ginger and beetroot over a medium heat; taking care not to brown.
2. When the onions and celery are cooked, add 2/3rd’s of the chicken stock and simmer until the beetroot is cooked.
3. Transfer the mixture into a blender and blend for a couple of minutes until completely smooth. If the soup consistency appears too thick, then add the reserved stock.
4. Meanwhile - in a separate bowl place all the ingredients for the pesto and mix well.
5. Pour the piping hot soup into a bowl and serve with a generous amount of pesto on top.
C R E D I T S
Recipe: Terry Edwards
Interview: Michelle Sullivan
Photography: Damian Weilers
Art Direction: Beatrice Hurst